My name is Dr Jane Stephens. I started the Green Tara Trust in 1999. I first came to Nepal as a young woman and then returned having trained as a doctor.
- Only work with communities that have requested help
- Work in a participatory way with the community, where they are involved in planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Projects need to increase community capacity and enable long term sustainability
- All activities and processes are thoroughly monitored to ensure transparency.
- Important findings are communicated through national channels (eg Ministry of Health, national press, radio), enabling us to help effect change for the whole of Nepal.